You are worthy because you were born. Gary Zukav
Even if you don’t believe it now, you were born a masterpiece, your self-worth is the foundation for a happy life. To be less preoccupied with your body image and more aware of your soul or your spirit requires that you change your focus from your physical or external appearance to your heart and inner voice. In other words, instead of being absorbed with your body image, shift your thoughts to being dedicated to loving your essence and your soul’s development, the spirit and joy of who you are and the reason you’re alive.
When you have positive self-esteem, you’re connecting with your highest self. When you have a low or no self-esteem, you are absorbed with your outward appearance which supports thoughts of your image that inevitably holds you back from the life you are here to experience.
Do you feel unfulfilled or unhappy with your life and think that there is nothing about you that is lovable or worthy? Rather than criticizing or judging yourself, imagine yourself as a painting, you can choose to replace what doesn’t feel good with what does. Eliminating low self-esteem is a process, one belief, one feeling and one thought at a time. What took years to develop will take time and effort on your part, all you have to do is take tiny steps every day to heal and allow your true essence to appear.
The Creation of a Healthy Self Esteem
Self-esteem is created by your thoughts, relationships and life experiences. Developing a healthy self-esteem includes cultivating a positive emotional well-being, becoming assertive, resilient and creating a new belief system. It is learning to love yourself unconditionally. You freely give love to your family and friends, why not give it to yourself. After all, if you don’t love yourself, how can you love anyone else?
There are two primary reasons why self-awareness is so important:
- It will help you to observe yourself and create a life free from self-judgment and criticism. (How can you best respond to what you cannot clearly and objectively see?)
- It helps you to see yourself as you truly are and discover your authentic self. Isn’t it about time you started to get to know yourself?
Be Attentive to Your Needs. Is your self-talk encouraging you to ignore your needs because you tend to concentrate on living up to other’s expectations or unrealistic expectations you have created for yourself? As children, we were conditioned to believe that what other people thought about us was more important than what we felt inside, who we truly were. In order for you to build a positive self-esteem requires that you listen to your intuition or gut instinct, sensations and insights. Setting time aside each day to be alone with your thoughts will help you to develop that sense of awareness.
Dr. Wayne Dyer explains:
Here are the major perceptions of those who know they are worthy and deserving of all of God’s blessings:
- My self-esteem comes from myself. (As a child of God, my worthiness is a given.)
- I accept myself without complaint and without conditions.
- I take full responsibility for my life and what it is and is not. (I blame no one.)
- I do not choose to accept guilt into my life. (I live in the present moment.)
- I understand the importance of having harmony between my thoughts, my feelings, and my behavior. (This harmony translates into peace and contentment.)
Your soul wants to experience harmony and peace. When you can connect with that concept and the realization that your soul is the truth and magnificence of who you are, you will exude that beauty and confidence to everyone around you and the world. Wayne Dyer
Peace and love, namaste. (to be continued)