“Let go of what you can’t control. Channel all that energy into living fully in the now.” -Karen Salmansohn
How do we stay present? Most of our thoughts are about the past or the future, rather than the present moment. What we end up doing is passing through the moment by concentrating on what was or what may be and in doing so we miss the gift of now. That’s how life ends up passing us by – we do it to ourselves.
Part of being present is learning to go with the flow of life and releasing the need to control the results or outcome of a situation or challenge you are faced with.
Coming from someone who was a control queen which always includes needless suffering and usually ends negatively, trust me I know, I’ve done it to myself, a learning experience for sure. I have since learned to listen to my gut and follow my instincts and even though I don’t always understand what I am going through and why, it always turns out for me in a way I could have never imagined. That is the beauty of letting go of control, because there are millions of possibilities that a situation could go in and letting go makes that possible, I know I’ve experienced the magic of the Universal flow.
Affirmations to Help You Learn to Let Go
“I willingly surrender my attachment to what other people might think about me.”
“I let go of my attachment to the material things that surround me—I can take these or leave them; it is all the same.”
“I give up the negative emotions that have created a comfort zone for me—they no longer serve me.”
“I release the need to judge others’ thoughts and beliefs.”
Are you ready to let go of unnecessary stress, worry, and anxiety from your life, work and relationships?
Giving up control doesn’t sound easy, but it can be. Rather than trying so hard to make something happen, take a leap of faith and follow your heart, there is true power in choosing this way of being, it works every time.
Control costs you:
Start by asking yourself a few important questions:
- Why am I afraid will happen if I let go of control? How does my fear affect me and those around me? (Be honest with yourself.)
- Am I willing to let go of control? (this may sound difficult, but we really don’t have control of anything but ourselves so this one is well worth your time to work on.)
- Look for support. (Find someone who already knows how to let go of control who is willing to help you learn to go with the flow of life.)
Key actions to help you start on your own:
- Surrender and feel the state of tranquility. Be of the mind that you intend to take a leap of faith and allow life to flow from your intuition.
- Be present, in other words stay in the moment. When you can let of the past go and trying to forecast what the future holds for you, you will begin the process of going with the flow. When you live in the moment, you will know that life is too precious to waste on worry or being fearful, neither of those emotions does anything to help your situation. The past is gone and over and the future isn’t here yet, so you really have no choice but to be in the now. There is a great deal of power in being right where you are.
- Take a laugh break every day. Find something to make you laugh until you can’t breathe every day. Laughter is the best medicine isn’t just a quote, it truly is the best way to relax and feel better!
- Go outside and take a walk, take a deep breath and enjoy nature, it feels good and you will feel better. I guarantee it, I do it all of the time. I have been through some pretty tough situations that have lightened when I’ve gone outside. It will help you to relax and find search your heart for a solution. You will get ideas and answers to help you to deal with anything you are faced with.
When you ask yourself open-ended questions you ignite your conscious mind and create a new way to a solution. I wish you all of the magic and miracles that life has to offer.
Are you ready to take a leap of faith and trust in yourself and in life?