Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts, it you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do. MoveMe Quotes
I believe we all forget whose in charge of our lives, especially when we’re in the midst of situations that overwhelm us or seem uncontrollable. For me, it used to almost feel easier to just give up or go back to living unconsciously. But then I’d hear the voice in my heart telling me to keep trying, to make a choice, to use my wisdom and let goodness happen and I have. This is a gentle reminder that we don’t have to be unhappy or live with the belief that only some “lucky” people have a charmed and satisfying life.
Being in control of your life comes by believing in yourself and by not allowing the fear of obstacles, challenges or change stop you. Remember you have a choice and you can learn to get past the old belief that you’re not good enough to make a real contribution to the world. Believing we’re here for a purpose can greatly reduce our suffering and the feeling of being out of control because even if we forget, we are always in the driver’s seat of the direction of our lives. This is where we can rise above the limited life we’ve allowed ourselves to live by doing something on behalf of ourselves because we know we are worth it.
I can say with confidence that you can experience the impossible and that leads you from misery to unexpected joy and peace. As with any spiritual endeavor, this way of believing is knowing that you’ll have to take steps out of your comfort zone and be okay with it. This is where we learn to power through fear, head on. Every time we experience the unknown, fear will try to sneak in to stop us and that’s okay. Don’t ignore it or try to avoid it, just don’t be swallowed up by fear. Allow yourself to be afraid and just keep reminding yourself that you can do this, take a deep breath and keep going.
Here are some ideas to consider to master your life:
- Rely more on your “sixth” sense
- Put your happiness and health first
- Live in the present moment
- Create plans that are open to change because that is how life in the control seat is
- Be okay with living out of your comfort zone
- Stop thinking so much, have faith in the unseen
- Believe in the impossible
- Create some rituals or routines for a well-balanced life
- Nothing is set in stone, you have choices
- Obstacles are a part of the journey for you to rise above
- Take time for stillness or meditation, this is truly powerful step
- Pursue meaning over pleasure, a life of meaning is why we are here
- Be imaginative, create outside the box
- No matter how things look, keep your eyes on the prize of a purposeful life
I’d like to end with this powerful and profound quote:
“Never say that you can’t do something, or that something seems impossible, or that something can’t be done, no matter how discouraging or harrowing it may be; human beings are limited only by what we allow ourselves to be limited by: our own minds. We are each the masters of our own reality; when we become self-aware to this: absolutely anything in the world is possible.
Master yourself, and become king of the world around you. Let no odds, chastisement, exile, doubt, fear, or ANY mental viruses prevent you from accomplishing your dreams. Never be a victim of life; be it’s conqueror.” ― Mike Norton
Thank you for reading my post and your time.