if there weren’t people who paid more attention to their stuff then caring about people then they wouldn’t need to be reminded of love and their connection to the human race…so we should feel blessed that we are carrying the message of love with our hearts outstretched to the world..
“Let go of what you can’t control. Channel all that energy into living fully in the now.” -Karen Salmansohn
How do we stay present? Most of our thoughts are about the past or the future, rather than the present moment. What we end up doing is passing through the moment by concentrating on what was or what may be and in doing so we miss the gift of now. That’s how life ends up passing us by – we do it to ourselves.
Part of being present is learning to go with the flow of life and releasing the need to control the results or outcome of a situation or challenge you are faced with.
Coming from someone who was a control queen which always includes needless suffering and usually ends negatively, trust me I know, I’ve done it to myself, a learning experience for sure. I have since learned to listen to my gut and follow my instincts and even though I don’t always understand what I am going through and why, it always turns out for me in a way I could have never imagined. That is the beauty of letting go of control, because there are millions of possibilities that a situation could go in and letting go makes that possible, I know I’ve experienced the magic of the Universal flow.
Affirmations to Help You Learn to Let Go
“I willingly surrender my attachment to what other people might think about me.”
“I let go of my attachment to the material things that surround me—I can take these or leave them; it is all the same.”
“I give up the negative emotions that have created a comfort zone for me—they no longer serve me.”
“I release the need to judge others’ thoughts and beliefs.”
Are you ready to let go of unnecessary stress, worry, and anxiety from your life, work and relationships?
Giving up control doesn’t sound easy, but it can be. Rather than trying so hard to make something happen, take a leap of faith and follow your heart, there is true power in choosing this way of being, it works every time.
Control costs you:
Start by asking yourself a few important questions:
- Why am I afraid will happen if I let go of control? How does my fear affect me and those around me? (Be honest with yourself.)
- Am I willing to let go of control? (this may sound difficult, but we really don’t have control of anything but ourselves so this one is well worth your time to work on.)
- Look for support. (Find someone who already knows how to let go of control who is willing to help you learn to go with the flow of life.)
Key actions to help you start on your own:
- Surrender and feel the state of tranquility. Be of the mind that you intend to take a leap of faith and allow life to flow from your intuition.
- Be present, in other words stay in the moment. When you can let of the past go and trying to forecast what the future holds for you, you will begin the process of going with the flow. When you live in the moment, you will know that life is too precious to waste on worry or being fearful, neither of those emotions does anything to help your situation. The past is gone and over and the future isn’t here yet, so you really have no choice but to be in the now. There is a great deal of power in being right where you are.
- Take a laugh break every day. Find something to make you laugh until you can’t breathe every day. Laughter is the best medicine isn’t just a quote, it truly is the best way to relax and feel better!
- Go outside and take a walk, take a deep breath and enjoy nature, it feels good and you will feel better. I guarantee it, I do it all of the time. I have been through some pretty tough situations that have lightened when I’ve gone outside. It will help you to relax and find search your heart for a solution. You will get ideas and answers to help you to deal with anything you are faced with.
When you ask yourself open-ended questions you ignite your conscious mind and create a new way to a solution. I wish you all of the magic and miracles that life has to offer.
Are you ready to take a leap of faith and trust in yourself and in life?
How do you leave a life of unconsciousness and feel your way through life? You have to learn how to recognize that small voice in your heart which means that you have to quiet the constant chatter in your head. Feeling your way through your life takes an effort to stop reacting and digging deep inside to feel for the right answers.
I have lived from my heart for a while now, it is very different from what I thought living was. One morning recently when I assisted the turtle in the picture below, it all made sense.
What started as an ordinary walk with the dog turned into a miracle morning. The dog was happily pulling me down the street when we came upon two bikes parked in the middle of the sidewalk.
A woman wearing a wide-brimmed sun hat was sitting on her bike waiting while her husband ran across the street with a large soft-shell turtle in his hands. He turned a full circle and put the turtle down, yelling that it kept trying to cross back and he wanted to confuse it hoping it would stay.
We chatted briefly, they pedaled around the corner and the dog and I resumed our walk. But my heart told me to turn around, so I did and I saw that the turtle was walking back toward the four lane street; I knew its internal radar was guiding it toward a retention pond on the other side.
First, I tried to pick her up, but her 40-something dead weight body, flailing clawed feet and hissing made it clear that my help wasn’t wanted. So, I decided to walk along side of her to shield her from oncoming traffic.
A gentleman also on his morning walk joined me. It took some time, but we were able to get her safely across the street. About ten minutes later she reached the grass, as soon as she felt it beneath her feet she raced, then slid into the retention pond. hooray!!
Every person on this planet has the same instincts as that soft-shelled turtle does, but we don’t listen or trust them. Most of us are so conditioned that we have no idea how to follow our feelings. We have been made to believe that the only way we can be happy—and maybe the only way we can survive is by just“going along,”, “giving in,” or by “accepting” life “as it is” even when we know in our hearts that we aren’t happy.
If we followed our impulses and allowed life to flow, we would stop making a living and make a life. Instead, we allow our fears and beliefs to stop us and we stay entrenched in a vicious cycle of living and working to pay bills. Can you imagine being like that turtle without fear? No matter what the dangers were, the drive to be in her natural environment outweighed the hazard of crossing the street.
When you know you’re ready to choose the way you live your life, remember you’re the only one who knows how you feel and what is right in your heart for you.
I lived unaware for a long time before I woke up. When I realized that I no longer wanted to be an employee number, a cubicle location or a paycheck, it was clear that I wanted to make a life because making a living to pay bills just didn’t feel good anymore. I didn’t have any idea how or what I was going to do, but I knew that I wanted to be happy and feel authentic. I went through a myriad of work situations during the first four years of my transformation but that’s okay because creating an intentional life takes time and the ability to stay focused on opening your heart to a whole new way of living.
When or how do you spread your wings and soar? How do you start following your feelings and create your life? You can begin by asking yourself questions that will make you have to dig for an answer: (make a worksheet with these questions and your answers so you can keep it front of you when you feel the urge to fall back into your old way of living).
- What about me? Who am I really? What do I want?
- What do I do that I love so much that I would do it for free?
- If I choose the way I want to live my life, what does that look like?
- How can I make my current job work for me until I figure out what I want to do?
- How can I start changing who I am inside to help me see things differently?
- If I were going to choose to live from my heart what steps should I take?
- What am I afraid of? How can I get past the fear?
- Am I loving and respectful to myself?
Not sure how to distill the fear and worry of leaving your comfort zone? Most people have a misleading fear that the money they’re used to earning won’t be there. Yes, we have to eat and bills to pay, but in order to make a big change, you have to change the way you think and your priorities so you come first rather than let your job and paycheck run your life. I’ve listed some ways that I used to help me change the direction of my life:
Resist your fear, fear will never lead you to a positive end. Go for your faith and what you believe. TD Jakes
- Find something about your current job that makes you feel good. No matter how small, look for ways to increase positive feelings that you can expand on. The better you feel about yourself and your contributions, the more great ideas will flow to help you go in the direction of your dreams. I made an effort at my last job to see the positive aspects of the work I was doing because it was important to allow my creativity, peace and happiness be a priority.
- Next, work on changing yourself from the inside out starting with the way you think, when you do the world around you will change. This will take effort on your part, but if you are ready, it won’t be difficult to find the resources to help you accomplish this.
- When you operate from your heart or your gut instincts and begin to take responsibility for your choices, things will shift for you. All through the last job I had, I spent time reading books that helped me shift my beliefs. I watched videos focused on the subjects I was interested in learning more about; I also went to workshops once a week. During the classes I would discuss my ideas about doing what I loved and got great feedback that helped me become more creative.
- Changing the way I thought was the key to the way I moved away from being an employee to successfully following my heart. No matter what stage of life you’re in, everyone should be happy and doing something that they love and are passionate about.
Always do what you are afraid to do. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Transforming the direction of your life takes determination, desire and courage. Life is short; we don’t know when our time on earth will come to an end, so it is time to leave your comfort zone and take a chance. Take it from someone who is all about taking risks; it is well worth the gamble to take that first step. I can confidently say that I have never been happier.
Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. - Louise L. Hay
Saying I love you to yourself for many people feels shameful and uncomfortable, even unthinkable. Do you think you can you look at yourself in a mirror and say “I love you” without flinching? Most people ask, “Why would I love myself?” I ask, “Why wouldn’t you?” From first-hand experience I can say without a doubt that loving yourself changes your life. It is a reflection of your authenticity and self-respect, it radiates from every part of you and returns to you multiplied. It is an amazing way to live.
The first time I said I love to you my reflection, I looked down, but I kept saying it until it became a daily ritual and I could look directly into my eyes. Now I not only say it each day with confidence and faith in my beauty, I know that I deserve my love from my head to the bottom of my feet, no matter what. And because of that change within me, the people that I now have in my life reflect how I feel about myself, they are just as loving and happy with themselves as I am.
For most of my life loving myself was never a consideration. In the era when I was born, no one ever told me it was important to love myself. My parents were loving, but I grew up believing that I was faulty, too chubby, too quiet, unattractive, too shy, etc. Loving yourself was selfish and unheard of. I don’t blame anyone, that was just the way things were. As I came into this part of my life, I finally abandoned all of those old beliefs and began to live my life focused on the self-respect and confidence I deserve, which in turn draws love into every part of my life.
Self-love takes time and effort and the belief that you are worth it. For me, it all started several years ago when I became more aware of the people in my life and the way I felt about myself. It won’t take long for you to figure out if you love yourself or not by the type of people that you have around you, the way that you feel and are treated. It was interesting to me when the transformation began all of the people who were in my life that brought drama, anxiety and negativity fell away naturally or by me seeing that it was time to tell them goodbye.
Self-love starts with acceptance of the entirety of you. Look at your intelligence, facial features, body image, the color of your eyes, your hair, etc. with love and know that you are a special and unique representation of God. Are you ready to concentrate on your happiness, health and well-being by changing your perception of yourself and seeing the beauty of who you really are? Start small and build on it until you are confident enough to look in that mirror and love who you see looking back at you. You might think that this is a form of narcissism, but it isn’t. Self-love is natural, it is how we were born into this world. We have to return to what we were born with, in fact it is imperative to a happy, healthy life of unconditional love.
We are encouraged to seek love from others, but we aren’t taught the importance of loving and valuing ourselves before we seek love from outside of ourselves. How can we possibly love someone else if we don’t give any of that love to ourselves first?
To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. Alan Cohen
As I walked home from my daily walk this morning I saw a little girl so focused on her smart phone, that she never noticed the birds and the miracles of nature swirling around her, Last week when I walked through a beautiful local park, a group of people passed by me. They were busily talking with each other and on their phones, they never looked up or around to see the beauty of their surroundings.
All too many of us have become desensitized to the small imperceptible miracles around us. We take life and the gift of being alive for granted. I have a smart phone, but when I go for a walk, it stays home. When I head out into nature it is tucked away. I make a choice, it is up to me to decide how I treat each day. I choose to stop being so focused on a missed call or text to notice my surroundings and experiencing the joy of peace and quiet.
I have trained myself to pay attention, to the smallest of things, I believe that we have today only. We may not have tomorrow, life is not guaranteed. Speeding along through each day waiting for some future goal, paycheck, event or change to happen is missing the point of life. We aren’t here for the outcome, we are here for the enchantment of the journey.
So, slow down, look around you, breathe in the fresh air. There is magic in the tiniest most imperceptible of places. The miracle of a bird flying by, a butterfly floating through the air, the flowers that grow where humans have thrown trash, the trees that continue to push through the ground and provide us with oxygen even though we’ve put in paved roads and sidewalks. Mother earth continues to survive beyond the human invasion.
The very least we can do is put our technology down when we are in the midst of it all. The most we can do is care enough about ourselves to notice and be conscious of the wonder of being alive.
The way you start your day is the way you live your day. The way you live your day is the way you live your life…Louise Hay
It has been nearly seven years since I’ve been to a doctor’s office. I have never felt better or been more in tune with my body. Through all of my life experiences I know this, when my health wasn’t at it’s best, neither was I. I couldn’t focus on anything but the problems I had. The dreams I had weren’t even a glimmer in my mind because I had no room to dream when I was miserable and unhealthy.
I have learned that the key to living a life of purpose is a healthy mind, body and spirit. If we aren’t in harmony with our self, our lives are dominated by unhappiness, pain, medication, doctor’s offices and illness.
I worked in a small medical clinic for nearly two years. I witnessed first-hand the effects of people allowing themselves to be controlled by medical doctors and pharmacies. I know I don’t want a doctor or a pharmacist to determine my health and how long I am going to live. I want that decision to be mine. When I saw people crying because they couldn’t get pills to control their blood pressure instead of taking responsibility for their health, I vowed that would never be me.
Because I am passionate about living the life of my dreams, I have created a lifestyle that works well for me. I believe that one of our greatest teachers is losing our health. We take it for granted until we don’t have it anymore. I remember my late mother saying to me on more than one occasion, “I just want this to all go away so I can go home.” Once we succumb to the belief that we don’t have control of what happens to our body, we face a life of self-created problems and illness. I know many people whose lives are based on the medical problems that they have. We must take responsibility for our life, not only our physical well-being, but our emotional and spiritual health.
When you begin to live your life mindfully, things will change dramatically. As with any major change, take it slow. Begin by taking the time to figure out what does and doesn’t work for your body. Don’t depend on anyone else’s choices or a diet, deciding on a lifestyle is going to require that you choose for yourself. From the food that you eat to the type of physical activity and the way that you want your life to be. Whatever you choice you make, it only has to make sense to you. If you’re determined to live your life on purpose, love yourself. Go on an inner journey, look at what you believe, what you think and how you feel. It takes time and at times it may feel like things aren’t moving fast enough, just remember creating a lifestyle that provides you with a healthy “temple” takes time.
This video talks about healthy choices to feed your brain and keep your energy levels high naturally.
Taking control of your overall health is taking control of your life. I can tell you from first-hand experience that the best feeling in the world comes from making a decision and sticking to it. When you decide to put yourself first and live a life of purpose and passion, you will have taken a giant step forward for you. To help you to stay focused on your intentions, I invite you to put some affirmations in key locations around your house. Louise Hay is a master at affirmations and a woman I admire greatly, She has never let age get in the way of her passion, she founded Hay House Publishing at the age of 64.
Some great affirmations from Louise Hay
- I make healthy choices. I have respect for myself.
- I enjoy the foods that are best for my body, I love every cell of my body.
- I return my body to optimum health by giving it what it needs on every level.
- I am pain-free and totally in sync with life.
- I am the only person who has control over my eating habits. I can always resist something if I choose to.
- Water is my favorite beverage. I drink lots of water to cleanse my body and my mind.
I never tell anyone which lifestyle plan to choose, but I would like to suggest a few things:
- Shop from the outer “halo” of the store
- Choose natural items and read labels
- It is beneficial to go to your local health food and produce stores
- Choose organic whenever you’re able, if you can’t, choose whole and natural foods
- Attend workshops that help to guide you to a life focused on living from your heart
- Begin your spiritual journey, make it a very personal and may I suggest that until you’re comfortable speaking your truth with confidence, keep what you’re doing to yourself
As you gain confidence and an understanding of your responsibility for your overall health by listening to your heart, you will know what your body wants and needs. Once you take control of this part of your life, you will better be able to focus on finding out what your purpose in life is.