Often people attempt to live their lives backwards. They try to have more of what they want so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You first must be who you are, then love what you do, in order to have what you want.~ Margaret Young
You are free to choose whatever you want to do with your life as soon as you realize that you have nothing to fear and that the only thing holding you back is you.
Taking a leap of faith is grounded in the belief that you are worthy of being happy and living the life of your dreams.
Ready, set go! Take a legal pad, turn it sideways. Now, take a moment and write in Column 1 at least three things that you want right now. These can be three big things in your life, or three small things. It doesn’t matter. Just make them three things that you want. Then finish filling in the rest of the columns. This will help you to determine what you want out of life and why you don’t have it.
Column 1: What Do I Want?
Column 2: What Makes Me Want That?
Column 3: What Has Kept It From Me So Far?
Column 4: What Do I Think My Chances Are Of Getting This?
Column 5: What Will Happen If I Give This To Myself?
Column 6: When I Will Go For It?
LIfe is too short to allow fear to stop you from whatever it is that you want to do. You have to believe so strongly that you are worthy that you don’t waste time and energy analyzing what you’re contemplating.
You have to find the courage step out of your comfort zone and just do it. Let life take care of the details.
So what if no one believes in you, if you do that is all that matters. It is time for women to let courage rise and be the change we are here for without doubt, hesitation, fear or worry.
Step through your fear into the doorway of change and the unknown, you can do it, I know you can.
if there weren’t people who paid more attention to their stuff then caring about people then they wouldn’t need to be reminded of love and their connection to the human race…so we should feel blessed that we are carrying the message of love with our hearts outstretched to the world..
“Let go of what you can’t control. Channel all that energy into living fully in the now.” -Karen Salmansohn
How do we stay present? Most of our thoughts are about the past or the future, rather than the present moment. What we end up doing is passing through the moment by concentrating on what was or what may be and in doing so we miss the gift of now. That’s how life ends up passing us by – we do it to ourselves.
Part of being present is learning to go with the flow of life and releasing the need to control the results or outcome of a situation or challenge you are faced with.
Coming from someone who was a control queen which always includes needless suffering and usually ends negatively, trust me I know, I’ve done it to myself, a learning experience for sure. I have since learned to listen to my gut and follow my instincts and even though I don’t always understand what I am going through and why, it always turns out for me in a way I could have never imagined. That is the beauty of letting go of control, because there are millions of possibilities that a situation could go in and letting go makes that possible, I know I’ve experienced the magic of the Universal flow.
Affirmations to Help You Learn to Let Go
“I willingly surrender my attachment to what other people might think about me.”
“I let go of my attachment to the material things that surround me—I can take these or leave them; it is all the same.”
“I give up the negative emotions that have created a comfort zone for me—they no longer serve me.”
“I release the need to judge others’ thoughts and beliefs.”
Are you ready to let go of unnecessary stress, worry, and anxiety from your life, work and relationships?
Giving up control doesn’t sound easy, but it can be. Rather than trying so hard to make something happen, take a leap of faith and follow your heart, there is true power in choosing this way of being, it works every time.
Control costs you:
Start by asking yourself a few important questions:
- Why am I afraid will happen if I let go of control? How does my fear affect me and those around me? (Be honest with yourself.)
- Am I willing to let go of control? (this may sound difficult, but we really don’t have control of anything but ourselves so this one is well worth your time to work on.)
- Look for support. (Find someone who already knows how to let go of control who is willing to help you learn to go with the flow of life.)
Key actions to help you start on your own:
- Surrender and feel the state of tranquility. Be of the mind that you intend to take a leap of faith and allow life to flow from your intuition.
- Be present, in other words stay in the moment. When you can let of the past go and trying to forecast what the future holds for you, you will begin the process of going with the flow. When you live in the moment, you will know that life is too precious to waste on worry or being fearful, neither of those emotions does anything to help your situation. The past is gone and over and the future isn’t here yet, so you really have no choice but to be in the now. There is a great deal of power in being right where you are.
- Take a laugh break every day. Find something to make you laugh until you can’t breathe every day. Laughter is the best medicine isn’t just a quote, it truly is the best way to relax and feel better!
- Go outside and take a walk, take a deep breath and enjoy nature, it feels good and you will feel better. I guarantee it, I do it all of the time. I have been through some pretty tough situations that have lightened when I’ve gone outside. It will help you to relax and find search your heart for a solution. You will get ideas and answers to help you to deal with anything you are faced with.
When you ask yourself open-ended questions you ignite your conscious mind and create a new way to a solution. I wish you all of the magic and miracles that life has to offer.
Are you ready to take a leap of faith and trust in yourself and in life?
How do you leave a life of unconsciousness and feel your way through life? You have to learn how to recognize that small voice in your heart which means that you have to quiet the constant chatter in your head. Feeling your way through your life takes an effort to stop reacting and digging deep inside to feel for the right answers.
I have lived from my heart for a while now, it is very different from what I thought living was. One morning recently when I assisted the turtle in the picture below, it all made sense.
What started as an ordinary walk with the dog turned into a miracle morning. The dog was happily pulling me down the street when we came upon two bikes parked in the middle of the sidewalk.
A woman wearing a wide-brimmed sun hat was sitting on her bike waiting while her husband ran across the street with a large soft-shell turtle in his hands. He turned a full circle and put the turtle down, yelling that it kept trying to cross back and he wanted to confuse it hoping it would stay.
We chatted briefly, they pedaled around the corner and the dog and I resumed our walk. But my heart told me to turn around, so I did and I saw that the turtle was walking back toward the four lane street; I knew its internal radar was guiding it toward a retention pond on the other side.
First, I tried to pick her up, but her 40-something dead weight body, flailing clawed feet and hissing made it clear that my help wasn’t wanted. So, I decided to walk along side of her to shield her from oncoming traffic.
A gentleman also on his morning walk joined me. It took some time, but we were able to get her safely across the street. About ten minutes later she reached the grass, as soon as she felt it beneath her feet she raced, then slid into the retention pond. hooray!!
Every person on this planet has the same instincts as that soft-shelled turtle does, but we don’t listen or trust them. Most of us are so conditioned that we have no idea how to follow our feelings. We have been made to believe that the only way we can be happy—and maybe the only way we can survive is by just“going along,”, “giving in,” or by “accepting” life “as it is” even when we know in our hearts that we aren’t happy.
If we followed our impulses and allowed life to flow, we would stop making a living and make a life. Instead, we allow our fears and beliefs to stop us and we stay entrenched in a vicious cycle of living and working to pay bills. Can you imagine being like that turtle without fear? No matter what the dangers were, the drive to be in her natural environment outweighed the hazard of crossing the street.
When you know you’re ready to choose the way you live your life, remember you’re the only one who knows how you feel and what is right in your heart for you.
I lived unaware for a long time before I woke up. When I realized that I no longer wanted to be an employee number, a cubicle location or a paycheck, it was clear that I wanted to make a life because making a living to pay bills just didn’t feel good anymore. I didn’t have any idea how or what I was going to do, but I knew that I wanted to be happy and feel authentic. I went through a myriad of work situations during the first four years of my transformation but that’s okay because creating an intentional life takes time and the ability to stay focused on opening your heart to a whole new way of living.
When or how do you spread your wings and soar? How do you start following your feelings and create your life? You can begin by asking yourself questions that will make you have to dig for an answer: (make a worksheet with these questions and your answers so you can keep it front of you when you feel the urge to fall back into your old way of living).
- What about me? Who am I really? What do I want?
- What do I do that I love so much that I would do it for free?
- If I choose the way I want to live my life, what does that look like?
- How can I make my current job work for me until I figure out what I want to do?
- How can I start changing who I am inside to help me see things differently?
- If I were going to choose to live from my heart what steps should I take?
- What am I afraid of? How can I get past the fear?
- Am I loving and respectful to myself?
Not sure how to distill the fear and worry of leaving your comfort zone? Most people have a misleading fear that the money they’re used to earning won’t be there. Yes, we have to eat and bills to pay, but in order to make a big change, you have to change the way you think and your priorities so you come first rather than let your job and paycheck run your life. I’ve listed some ways that I used to help me change the direction of my life:
Resist your fear, fear will never lead you to a positive end. Go for your faith and what you believe. TD Jakes
- Find something about your current job that makes you feel good. No matter how small, look for ways to increase positive feelings that you can expand on. The better you feel about yourself and your contributions, the more great ideas will flow to help you go in the direction of your dreams. I made an effort at my last job to see the positive aspects of the work I was doing because it was important to allow my creativity, peace and happiness be a priority.
- Next, work on changing yourself from the inside out starting with the way you think, when you do the world around you will change. This will take effort on your part, but if you are ready, it won’t be difficult to find the resources to help you accomplish this.
- When you operate from your heart or your gut instincts and begin to take responsibility for your choices, things will shift for you. All through the last job I had, I spent time reading books that helped me shift my beliefs. I watched videos focused on the subjects I was interested in learning more about; I also went to workshops once a week. During the classes I would discuss my ideas about doing what I loved and got great feedback that helped me become more creative.
- Changing the way I thought was the key to the way I moved away from being an employee to successfully following my heart. No matter what stage of life you’re in, everyone should be happy and doing something that they love and are passionate about.
Always do what you are afraid to do. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Transforming the direction of your life takes determination, desire and courage. Life is short; we don’t know when our time on earth will come to an end, so it is time to leave your comfort zone and take a chance. Take it from someone who is all about taking risks; it is well worth the gamble to take that first step. I can confidently say that I have never been happier.